Sunday, March 11, 2007

Do It Now

Do It Now

There is nothing more precious than time. Not money, norlove. Without time, the others don’t exist.Knowing that, how do we spend our time? Do we recognize itsunstoppable passage and make the most of each valuablemoment?
Some do. Most of us, however, do not.
If we were to equate time spent frivolously with money lost,would we spend it more wisely?
Maybe - maybe not.
When I started my eBusiness in 1998, one of the first thingsI did to get traffic was to submit my site to Yahoo! Backthen, Yahoo! listings were free, the directory was muchsmaller and getting huge traffic numbers from them was easy.
Pretty soon, my site was generating sales left, right andcenter.
So what did I do? Did I follow suit with another hot,marketable topic? Did I I repeat the process many more timesto take advantage of Yahoo!’s free advertising and lack ofcompetition? Did I solidify my future as an Internetmarketer by building my nest and lining it with goldensites?
No, of course not!
I was too busy enjoying the proceeds of my minimal labor -buying clothes, furniture, property, and a pretty new car. WhenI wasn’t spending it at home, I was jetting off to exoticlocations.
A couple years went by before it crossed my mind that moremoney would be even more fun, and that building another siteor two would be an easy way to get more fun money.
By then however, the Internet had changed. After site NumberTwo was built and ready for promotion, Yahoo! had startedcharging an annual listing fee of $299 for commercial sites.Thank goodness mine wasn’t adult in nature - those were beingcharged $600 per year. Not just a one-time fee, but peryear!
Thankfully, Yahoo! ‘grandfathered’ all its old listings andmy original listing still keeps sending traffic to my sitefor fr*e.
Wow! Didn’t that make me want to hit myself upside the headfor being slow to build my business?
Not hard enough, it seems.
Not long afterwards, another of my favorite trafficgenerators, Overture, raised its minimum bid from a penny toa nickel. My existing listings were grandfathered at apenny, for which I was again grateful. However, again Ichastised myself for not having added thousands morekeywords and phrases that would also now be grandfathered.
I could see the writing on the wall, and cautioned myself toput the past behind and take advantage of presentopportunities.
Did I take my own advice?
Barely. I added just a few more sites and relevant keywords,and Overture’s mimimum bid was again raised, this time to adime.
So I kicked myself, hard.
If Overture’s tendency to increase their prices according toU.S. coin denominations is any indication, their nextmimimum bid may well be a quarter.
So, will I learn from the past, or will my bruises andmissed opportunities continue to mount?
That choice should be easy for any of us.
Learn from history to put time on your side. Start buildingyour Internet business now to take advantage of today’slower prices and competition.
Don’t put it off until tomorrow, because after all, tomorrownever comes, and time IS money!
Rosalind Gardner

Be sure to see all our latest wholesale arrivals @ http://savesucash.com/

No comments: